Animoto has just released a template for users to create a video Valentines card. This is a great opportunity for students to use a simple platform and produce an outstanding piece of work. Every time I give an Animoto assignment, I am amazed by the quality of work the students produce.
Here are some ideas for ways teachers might use Animoto Valentines cards in the classroom:
- Language Arts: Students could write a love poem and pair the lines with pictures and video.
- Science: Make a video showing the different parts of the heart or circulatory system.
- Psychology: Make a video showing how love works.
- Social Studies: Make a video that tells one of the great love stories from history.
- Geography: Show why Paris is called “the city of love.”
- Math…I haven’t thought of a good idea there yet. I am still working on it.
These are just a few of the ideas I came up with off the top of my head. I am sure you have others. Please leave a comment if you have more ideas to share.
For more on Animoto in the classroom…Click here