Today, I was shown a cool new platform that can be used by teachers to save time. I think that most can agree that grading is a pain. Classmarker looks to be an excellent classroom app that will help teachers breeze through grading chores.
Now, I will admit, I haven’t used it a bunch yet. We only spent a few hours on it so far today. However, from what I can see, it is going to work quite well.
Basically, Classmarker can be used to set up tests and quizzes online. Here’s what I have seen so far:
1. It’s free, at least for the basic features. Teachers can create a class with up to 1000 students. That’s a bunch!
2. Teachers can set up classes. This is nice because there is no searching for students. Just click on a class and see the results for a particular test.
3. It’s relatively easy to use. The whole thing can be set up with very little computer skill.
4. Teachers get a report on each student’s performance on the test.
5. Quizzes can be shared with other teachers.
6. This might be the coolest thing about the app; teachers can use other teacher’s quizzes and tests. Type in a search word for a particular subject or topic, and you get a whole list of quizzes to use with the students in your classroom.
I plan on using this app quite a bit in the next several weeks and will report on what I find. If anyone else has used the app, I would appreciate on hearing from you whether it is good or bad.